PV Car Port
Sector: Product Design
The PV Carport project is a hybrid structure that provides shelter to car parks and generates renewable energy. A light tensile structure incorporates as its canopy an array of PV panels. The flexible design allows different layout configuration to fit in various types of car park plot, and its over-ground foundation is compatible with any type of terrain.
It meets the following criteria:
- Able to be accommodate varying ground levels on the site.
- Provides shade for car spaces
- Removable (or at least, able to be relocated) as planning is easier if temporary structure
- Able to withstand likely weather conditions including high winds
- Modular to allow easy transport
- Easy lifting at site and minimal onsite connecting